Scientific Field: Mechanical Preparation of Ores, Industrial Minerals and Rocks and Processing of Ores and Industrial Minerals
School of Mining and Metallurgical Engineering
Iroon Polytechniou 9 str., GR15773 Zografou Campus, Athens, Greece
Office 2.21, 2nd floor
+30 210 772-2101
Dr. Kostas Tsakalakis is Professor (since 2007) at the School of Mining & Metallurgical Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens and former (2001-2018) Director of the Laboratory of Mineral Processing NTUA. The laboratory belongs to the Department (Division) of Metallurgy and Materials Technology. His PhD thesis entitled “Study of basic operating factors of horizontal vibrating screens", supervised by Prof. A.Z. Frangiskos, was prepared from 1982-1988 at the above mentioned Laboratory. He has served for three years as Director of the Department of Metallurgy and Materials Technology. His research interests refer to the subjects "Mechanical Preparation of Ores, Industrial Minerals and Rocks and Processing of Ores and Industrial Minerals", "Technology of Cement and Concrete Production", “Energy production from Fossil fuels” and “Mining History”. He has significant experience in providing services in study and design in the following fields: Mineral processing plants, Industrial facilities for the production of concrete aggregates, Economic and technical studies for the construction, operation and supervision of the above facilities, Solid waste recycling facilities (concrete demolition materials, electronic wastes recycling, etc.). He teaches four (-4-) undergraduate and one (-1-) postgraduate course. He has authored more than 60 papers in international (English, German) and Greek scientific journals and conferences and has authored also 1 book. He has participated as a main researcher and scientific supervisor in many research projects.
- Tsakalakis K.G., Benardos A., Sammas I., 2016, Metals Recovery from Pulverized Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) by Flotation, accepted for oral presentation in 3rd Symposium on Urban Mining and Circular Economy-SUM 2016 held in May 2016, Bergamo, Italy.
- Tsakalakis K.G. and Michalakopoulos Th., 2015, Mathematical modeling of the Conveyor Belt capacity, The 8th International Conference for Conveying and Handling of Particulate Solids, Tel-Aviv, Israel, 4-7 May 2015.
- Tsakalakis K.G., 2007, Scrap Tyres Management in the EU Cement Industry - an economic/environmental Approach, ZKG (Zement Kalk und Gips), No 4, pp. 43-55.
- Tsakalakis K.G. & Stamboltzis G.A., 2008, Correlation of the Blaine Value and the d80 Size of the Cement Particle Size Distribution, ZKG (Zement Kalk und Gips), No 3, pp. 60-68.
- Tsakalakis K.G., 2009, The approximate cement production cost and the viability and competitiveness of the Greek cement industry, 3rd AMIREG International Conference: Assessing the footprint of resource utilization and hazardous waste management, 7-9 September 2009, Athens-Greece, pp. 411-415.
- Tsakalakis K.G., Frangiskos A. and Karka H., 2001, Recycled Aggregates-An Environmentally friendly Management for the Athens Urban Area, presented at the IX Balkan Mineral Processing Congress, Istanbul, Turkey, pp. 575-581.
- Mechanical Preparation and Processing of Minerals I
- Mechanical Preparation and Processing of Minerals II
- Design and Construction of Mineral Processing Plants
- Technology of Cement and Concrete Production
- Building Materials Technology