Research, Laboratory and Teaching Personnel
Scientific Field: Physical Metallurgy – Electron Microscopy and Microanalysis
School of Mining and Metallurgical Engineering
Iroon Polytechniou 9 str., GR 15780 Zografou Campus, Athens, Greece
Office 2.9, 2nd floor
+30 210 772-2183
Dr. Stavros Deligiannis is Laboratory and Teaching Staff at the Physical Metallurgy Laboratory and the Center for Electron Microscopy, at the School of Mining and Metallurgical Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens (SMME-NTUA).
He holds a Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering (2013) and a Ph.D. in the field of Physical Metallurgy and Electron Microscopy and Microanalysis on the topic of "Development of high strength – low alloy (HSLA) steels, based on combined titanium-vanadium microalloying additions". His research interests focus on Physical Metallurgy, Electron Microscopy and Microanalysis, with emphasis on the thermomechanical processing of metallic materials, their mechanical properties, and their correlation with micro- and nanostructural characteristics.
To date, he has contributed to three HORIZON 2020 and HORIZON EUROPE projects and published in international journals as well as in international and national conferences. In 2018, the Microscopy Society of America awarded him for his publication on the characterization of HSLA steels with transmission electron microscopy techniques.
- G. Bakas, S. Dimitriadis, S. Deligiannis, L. Gargalis, I. Skaltsas, K. Bei, E. Karaxi and Elias P. Koumoulos, A Tool for Rapid Analysis Using Image Processing and Artificial Intelligence: Automated Interoperable Characterization Data of Metal Powder for Additive Manufacturing with SEM Case, Metals Journal 2022, 12(11), 1816. https://doi.org/10.3390/met12111816
- Garmpi, A. Kaldellis, A. Alexandratou, N. Makris, D. Ioannidou, S. Deligiannis, P.E. Tsakiridis, G. Fourlaris, 2022, Corrosion Behaviour of Modified Plasma Spraying Hydroxyapatite Coatings on SMO 254 Super Austenitic Stainless Steel Substrate, 8th International Conference of the Hellenic Metallurgical Society, Conference Proceedings pp. 65-70
- Kechagia, D. Koutroumpi, G. Bartzas, A. Peppas, M. Samouhos, S. Deligiannis, P.E. Tsakiridis, Waste marble dust and recycled glass valorization in the production of ternary blended cements, Science of the Total Enviroment, 2021, V. 761, 143224, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.143224
- Karavias, N. Makris, A. Kaldellis, A. Alexandratou, S. Deligiannis, P. Tsakiridis, G. Fourlaris, 2021, Microstructural Characterization of 321 austenitic stainless steel below ambient temperatures, Microscopy and Microanalysis, 27 (S1), pp. 3398-3400, https://doi.org/10.1017/S1431927621011685
- Kaldellis, A. Alexandratou, A. Kladis, S. Deligiannis, P. Tsakiridis and G. Fourlaris, Comparative Study of Microstructural Evolution and Mechanical Properties of Inconel® 718 and Waspaloy® Welds, ICEAF-VI 2021, MATEC Web of Conferences 349, 02004, https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/202134902004
- Skordilis, S. Deligiannis, A. Alexandratou, N.I. Makris, A. Kaldellis, M. Pissas, P. Tsakiridis, G. Fourlaris, 2019, Development of the macrotexture and magnetic properties in non-oriented electrical steels, 7th Panhellenic Conference on Metallic Materials, Conference Proceedings pp.13-18
- Deligiannis, A. Alexandratou, N.I. Makris, P. Tsakiridis, G. Fourlaris, 2019, Effect of finishing and coiling temperatures on the nanoprecipitate dispersion in Novel HSLA Steels, Microscopy and Microanalysis, 25 (S2), pp.2656-2657, doi:10.1017/S1431927619014016.
- Alexandratou, S. Deligiannis, N.I. Makris, P. Tsakiridis, G. Fourlaris, 2019, A Comparative TEM Study of Nanoprecipitate formation in Waspaloy Welds, Microscopy and Microanalysis, 25 (S2), pp.2636-2637, doi:10.1017/S1431927619013916.
- Deligiannis, A. Alexandratou, E. Flampouris, P. Tsakiridis, G. Fourlaris, 2018. TEM Study of Nanoprecipitate Formation in Novel HSLA Steels. Microscopy and Microanalysis, 24 (S1), pp. 2230-2231, doi:10.1017/S1431927618011637.
Microscopy Society of America Scholar Award.